Relationship and Personal Well- Being
- The building we occupy is relatively vacant, so as you enter the building to find our lab you would likely not encounter many, if any, other people
- We require staff to wear masks in the lab
- Hand sanitizer and clorox wipes are available at all times in both of the rooms we use for the study (one room for each partner)
- UD requires that all staff and students be vaccinated, along with a booster shot, so everyone in the lab has complied with this policy
What is the purpose of the study?
What does the study involve?
(a) 2 hour lab visit, where you will learn about the stress reduction program and complete a discussion activity with each other
(b) 14-day stress reduction intervention completed at home on your smart phone for 10-20 minutes per day
(c) 2.5 hour lab visit where you will complete questionnaires and complete a discussion activity with each other
You will both complete one 10-20 minute lesson per day, along with a short follow-up activity (which takes around 3-10 minutes). You should complete the lessons by yourself (not with your partner), and they will be completed on your internet-enabled smartphone. You will first be given instructions about the skill you are learning. Then you will go through a guided practice using that skill. Finally, you will complete self-guided practice. The research team has access to this online intervention, and thus will be able to determine if you have completed the daily activities. If you miss more than 4 lessons, your participation in the study will be terminated by the researchers.
Participants have reported that this intervention has helped reduce their stress, both in their personal lives and with their romantic partner.
- Your romantic partner is also willing to participate
- You do not engage in systematic mind/body practice (e.g., yoga, meditation) >2 times/week
- You have your own internet-enabled smartphone
- Note that current UD students are not eligible to apply
The primary benefit of participating is free access to the stress reduction program. Prior participants have indicated that the program is helpful, and we are excited to offer it free of charge.
You will receive free parking on campus for each visit. We are also offering money to support childcare and a cab/Uber to the lab for those who need it.
If you and your partner complete the entire study (including at least 13 of the 14 intervention activities), you will earn a total of $400 per couple. All payment is given at the end of the second visit. This payment is broken down into the following components:
- First lab visit: $40 per person
- 14-day intervention: $70 per person
- Second lab visit: $65 per person
- BONUS: You can also earn $25 bonus compensation per person
least 13 of 14 intervention activities
Either you or your partner need complete the brief survey at the website below. We will let you know within a few business days of receiving your response whether you are eligible. Please contact us at email@example.com if needed.
ELIGIBILITY SURVEY: https://delaware.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9uXATMp7pD3o7mB